So
this week I have been thinking a lot about the four letter "F"
word.
Come on…you know what word I am
talking about!! FEAR!
Haven't we all been gripped with fear at some
point in our lives? At some point we
have dealt with fear-fear of uncertainty, fear of sickness, fear of
failure, or fear of rejection. I even
developed a fear of roller coasters in my 20's after I had been riding them for
years. What about good fears like
buying a house, getting married, or going back to school in your 30's, 40's, or
50's?
Fear can immobilize us and cause us to not do anything. If we stop frozen in our tracks we get
nothing accomplished. We might get stuck
working on one of our fears or we might get stuck moving forward with something
good. If I had given into fear I would
have never gone back to school.
The beginning is the most frightful, but we have to get to work
on what God is calling us to do. Fear is
like a constant dark shadow hovering over us.
It holds us as a prisoner within ourselves. And let me tell you...sometimes they creep back up. Apparently I have used the word failure one too many times lately and got scolded by a friend :)
Psalms 27:1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall
I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
All of the things that make us fearful come from people or
circumstances in our life. We forgot
that if we stick to the promise of God's word then we have nothing to
fear. We have nothing to be afraid
of. What can people really do to
us? What about good changes God is
calling us to make? Is all of the hurt,
pain, and suffering we deal with really going to keep us from reaching our
eternal final destination? Is stepping
out in faith going to keep us from getting there? Only if we reject God. As long as we do what he asks then we have
nothing to fear. No matter how many
times my ex husband tries to beat me down with his threats and hurtful ways, I
have nothing to fear. No matter how
weary and worn down I get from dealing with the number of times he has dragged
me into court, he cannot really kill my soul.
No matter how scared I am about making changes for the good in my life
it will not really cause me destruction if I am doing what the Lord is asking
of me. God has a plan for our lives and
when he is asking us to make changes we have to trust that he will be with us
all the way.
I love this quote used in my Bible study this week, which is kind of fitting for my life right now:
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."-Martin Luther King Jr.
Blessings!
I am very Thankful to have such a smart sister who loves the Lord and is wonderful with words. I enjoy reading your thoughts and they help me keep my faith Strong. I Love U
ReplyDeleteThanks Brandi! Glad you are enjoying them. They are definitely written with help from the Lord. Love and miss you too <3
ReplyDeleteGreat blog, and just want I needed to hear! Trust is my word this year. God does have a plan, and we have to trust and make the changes!
ReplyDelete